1277 McArthur Street
Manchester, TN 37355
Here is the video replay of all the details you need for
the fall Lose to Win 2018!!
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING:
Lose to Win has by far changed mine and my family’s lives. I don’t think we would have ever lost this much weight without the competition, support, or the accountability! Rhonda T.
Lose to Win helps me stay focused. I learn something new every time I participate. All my team mates support we no matter if I lose or gain. Joe has taught us this is a journey and he is always there for us. -Regina K.
I love the accountability aspect of this program. It is a wonderful community full of inspiring people. -Will P.
The accountability that lose to win provides is absolutely tremendous! This program has provided me and my family and opportunity to create a healthy and physically active lifestyle that we likely would not have created otherwise. -Dan M.
You can download a COMPLETE information packet here:
INFORMATION PACKET: Lose to Win September 2018
Here is some important info to know about Lose to Win:
- 100% Online
- You do NOT have to pay online but you do have to register online. If you have NO one that can help you do this please call to schedule a time to be registered by one of our staff members
- DEADLINE to REGISTER: September 9th
- Online when you register (preferred) OR
- At your initial weigh in
- Initial weigh-ins:
- Sunday September 9th 1pm – 6:00pm
- Monday September 10th 8am – 4:30pm
- At Marcrom’s Pharmacy
- Regular weigh-ins
- Tuesdays from 8am – 10am and 4pm – 6pm at Marcrom’s Pharmacy; Tuesdays immediately following Fit Club as well
- Weigh ins outside of this time will not be counted in the competition
- FINAL weigh ins:
- Monday November 5th
- At Marcrom’s Pharmacy
- Time 7am – 6pm
- Meeting Times:
- Kickoff meeting: September 11th at 6pm at the Conference Center
- Regular meetings: On Facebook and Youtube
- Fit Club (group exercise): Tuesdays at 6pm
- Prize meeting: November 6th at 6pm at the Conference Center
- Teams are comprised of 2 people
- If you do not have a team you will be placed on one
- Fit Club Dates and Locations
- September 11th – 7pm following initial meeting
- September 18th – 6pm at Manchester Community Room beside County Clerks office
- September 25th – Manchester Rotary Park (greenway – weather permitting)
- October 2nd – NONE
- October 9th – 6pm at Manchester Community Room beside County Clerks office
- October 16th – 6pm at Manchester Community Room beside County Clerks office
- October 23rd – 6pm at Manchester Community Room beside County Clerks office
- October 30th – Manchester Rotary Park (greenway – weather permitting)
Joe’s Story I had never struggled with my weight until I graduated from college and “settled down.” Once I settled down, the weight began to settle in.
I graduated high school at around 175 lbs and by 2005, just ten short years later I had gained over 100 pounds. I happened upon a planning committee for my ten year high school reunion – people I had lost touch with but was close to in high school. It may have been the most embarrassing moment in my life when they didn’t recognize me. I knew something had to change. So, I made all the excuses like everyone else as to why losing weight wasn’t working for me:
- I just wasn’t around the right people
- I have a broad build (big boned-lol)
- My body just likes this weight better
- I like food too much
- It’s easier for other people
- I must have a slow metabolism
- The list can go on and on…I used them all!
While I tried to lose weight, I wasn’t very successful for about 18 months.
Around this time we had a pharmacy resident that needed to do a community outreach project. I was not yet a fan of the Biggest Loser tv show but it was becoming popular so I suggested she do a weight loss competition.
We worked on putting it together over the next few weeks and Lose to Win was born. I must admit, I had ulterior motives when I suggested she do this as her project.
I knew competition was a motivator for me, so I knew this would give me the kick start I needed. I actually won the first competition – BUT I gained most of it back – glowing recommendation, right?
We decided to do the program again the next year and this time I decided to really change my life. I had a little scare with the cardiologist around this time and knew that the sooner I could get this weight off the better.
However, I didn’t do crazy diets or anything like that – to this day I eat whatever I want, just not whenever I want.
I don’t believe in cutting everything out if it is something you enjoy. I do believe you have to limit the things that are bad for you. The weight loss journey is a “do-able” thing for anyone.
It is just like anything else in life. If you are going to be successful you have to do the little things day after day.
Sure, just like anything else, you fall off the wagon every now and then but it doesn’t mean that you have failed, it just means you are normal.
Each person has to find what works for them. I was convicted because of faith and family, was educated through this program, was motivated by competition, and am held accountable by my Lose to Win family!
Everyone needs conviction (a why), education, motivation, and accountability! So, if I can do it – you can too! I will be here to help you along the way!